Sabado, Hulyo 6, 2013

Review: Local products! (HBC items)


Hello awesome readers! Welcome to my first review and this will be about products I purchased from a local beauty store here in the Philippines. Cheap and very affordable! So if you're a pinay on budget, you might find products that may caught your interest in this review. So keep reading!

(ATTENTION READERS!: I forgot most of the products price but i am assuring you that no products in here will cost  more than 300! So all of the products in my review cost from 100 to 200php)


Last Christmas, my aunt gave me a gift certificate from HBC. SO here are the products i Purchased:



  • 5pcs. Make up brush set (Allue)
  • Eyelash Curler
  • BB Cream (SanSan)
  • Lip Gloss (SanSan)
  • Gel eyeliner (SanSan)
  • 2 Blushes (Allue)
  • Lip Gloss (Allue)
  • 2 Eyeliner/Shadow sticks (Allue)
  •  Roll on Glitter Eye shadow (Allue)



SanSan BB cream


(written on the packaging)

Contains: Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamins A-C-E and SPF 43

Lighten Dark Spots
Nourishes skin
Protects skin form sun damage
With Antioxidant

BB cream or Blemish Balm creams instantly becomes a demand on most beauty lines  . High end or drugstore brands consecutively released their own BB cream. Why this become a sudden interest? BB cream offers Light wear feel compare to liquid foundations. It also claims on giving the consumer lots of skin benefits. Vitamins, Anti oxidant, moisturize the skin, anti acne formula and etc. So finding a cheap BB cream that offer lots of benefits caught my interest. It's from SanSan. A local brand that can only be puschased on HBC(a local store). 

I'm surprised with the coverage it gives. It covers most of my problem areas like redness around the nose, acne scars, and even without a concealer this BB cream covers my dark circles. I honestly didn't expect that! for my skin, a light to medium coverage bb cream is a win. Though if you have acne or blemishes a little more pat of this product and they're gone! it sure is super light wearing and comfortable to the skin. It's sad that this bb cream only comes in one shade in my HBC store (Fairview Center Mall branch). And that shade is darker than my skin tone. So i need to use a setting powder that is 2x lighter than mine just to lighten the shade of the bb cream. I recommend this product if you are on the medium to tan skin tone. Great for most of pinay skin tone! I guess i under estimated this product ei?!



SanSan Lip Gloss





For a not-Lip-gloss-fanatic like me, the lightness of this product on the lips is a win! Not sticky at all. Very pigmented product as well. most of the problems I notice specially to glosses, it comes really bright and pretty on the packaging but once you apply it, the color is too sheer. All I can see is shine with no color at all! I didn't buy a colored gloss and expect it to act as the clear one. The one I purchased is a coral colored gloss. It got a bit of shimmer to it which makes it more reflective on the light but doesn't make it too sheer. I'm inlove with the color pay off it gives me. A perfect coral. The packaging is not bad too! its a mechanical gloss with a brush applicator. Twist the bottom part of the container and the product will come off the brush applicator on the top. Really easy to use!  BUUUUUT ! I don't recommend this product. No matter how much I want to use, I can't still stand the odor of this gloss. Its smells fruity on the packaging which attract me on buying it but once you applied it on the lips you might notice a chemical scent that you can taste as well. Which is a very bad thing for a gloss!



SanSan Gel Eyeliner



(swatches when product without warming it up)

This is the first gel eyeliner I bought from a local brand. I can say that I expected too much from this product. Staying power, two thumbs up for that. it doesn't comes off easily. Washing it with water and  soap won't help at all, so you really need to use an oil based make up remover to remove this product from your eyes. The longest time I wear it is 8 hours straight and I think it would stay more. The downside of this product is you really need patience on warming the gel before applying. Or else your eyeliner will have visible chunks from the product and of course no one likes that! So i'm suggesting of running the brush on the product until it became smooth and shiny. 
If you want a long wearing gel eyeliner but have no patience on warming it up. then this is not the product for you! there's a lot of gel liners out there that might suits you :)



Eyelash curler





Remember those type of eyelash curler that you used to have and hated for your entire life? Well, this is my entry for that. I don't recommend this one! There's a million of eyelash curler out there which is a lot better than this! It hurts you once you tried this out. It wont curl all your lashes andwhats worse is you'll lose some of your eyelashes! A BIG FAIL !

Roll on Glitter Eye Shadow (Allue)







If you're a fan of sparkles and glitters on your eyes, this might be the thing for you! The pigmentation of this product is awesome! I used to have another shade which is a pink one, same power and same awesomeness! You'll get the color that you see on the packaging. Packed with glitter and shimmers! The staying power was not that good so applying primer first is a must. Not bad at all!

Lip Gloss (Allue)


Using this lip gloss(on the shade of purple crumble) on your full lips might appear too reflective or sheer which I don't find pretty at all. It's nothing but shimmer and glitters. A swirl of blue, purple and peach, all on light color is too much for a full coverage. using this as a high lighter on the lips is the best way to use this. Apply a small amount on the middle of your lower lip and you're good to go :) The smell is sweet and fruity. Light wearing and non-sticky nor greasy.

Eyeliner/Eye Shadow pencil (Allue)




(left: Strikin' silver right: Beatin' black)

Compare to nyx Jumbo eye pencils these Pencils are dry. It can be smudgy when you warm it by brushing a brush multiple times. These pencil contains silver glitters to it. Pigmentation was not bad. I used it lots of times and I haven't encountered problems with it. It may smudge due to sweating sometimes. Applying a Primer is a must if you have an oily skin.


5pcs. Make up brush set (Allue)


NOT A PROFFESIONAL BRUSH SET. Bristles are not that soft. Short wand. But I still find purpose on this set. 
  • eyebrow brush: I used this for applying Wax based Brow products.  
  •  Lipbrush: Just like other lip brush I use.   
  •  Brow and eyelash comb: The same with other brow and eyelash cob. usable. 
  •  Eyeshadow brush: Good for blending on the crease. 
  • Blush brush: Too small to use for aplying a blush. I used this for applying highlighter on my cheeks.


Blush (Allue)



(upper swatches: Desert rose, Lower swatches: Peach pie)

I fell inlove with this blushes the first time I used it. I enjoy it so much compare to the other blushes I used. I got 2 of them in the shade of desert rose and peach pie. Both are great! I am even planning on buying the pink one. It may appear frosted and shimmery on swatches and packaging but once it touched the skin, the glitter is barely noticeable at all! The blushes are mixed by 2 colors. It can be used  at the same time by sweeping the brush on both color. It got a powdery scent and I have no problem with it. The texture's good too, not powdery and really smooth when you run your fingers over it. I'm recommending this to every one. It's hypoallergenic, safe for young and sensitive skin. 





Im gonnabe posting a picture soon with all the products used at the same time ! keep updated !

 





























































































































0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento